- Pack includes 250ml of Real Castile Liquid Soap concentrate (250ml makes 1L)
- 15ml lemongrass, ylang ylang and lavender essential oil blend
- 500ml glass Bormioli jar with stainless steel foaming soap dispenser.
- All soaps are derived from either plant based oils (castile soaps) or animal fats combined with a reagent such as potassium or sodium hydroxide. This process of combining oils or fats with a reagent is called saponification, none of the reagent remains in the soap, instead you are left with soap and glycerol.
- True castile soap is derived from olive oil and this is one of the most ancient soap recipes in the world.
- Our castile soap is incredibly pure and is made using spray-free New Zeland Extra Virgin Olive Oil. It simultaneously provides a thorough cleanse whilst also hydrating the skin.
- Most modern soaps use chemicals such as lauryl sulphates to create the lather that we have grown accosted to. However, our castile soap will lather naturally. With the help of the foaming soap dispenser you’ll be able to make up the correct dilution and dispense it in a way that economises your soap by ensuring that you don’t use more than you need to.
- As opposed to modern soaps which tend to dry the skin castile soap cleanses and protects the dermis thanks to the presence of oleuropein, a compound found in olive oil which is know for its antibacterial effects.
- Our castile soap is gentle and, once diluted is suitable for those with sensitive skin. It is a good alternative to synthetic detergents as it won’t further exacerbate conditions such as eczema.
- Our castile contains glyerol which naturally absorbs moisture from the surround air and in doing so hydrates the skin naturally.
Ingredients- Castile Soap
- Distilled rain water
- Spray-free new Zealand Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Potassium hydroxide (analytical grade)* no potassium hydroxide remains after saponification into soap and glycerol.
Ingredients- Essential oil blend
- Lemongrass* (Cymbopogon flexuosus), Ylang Ylang* (Cananga odorata), spray-free New Zealand Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) essential oils. *BioGro certified organic.
- Follow the instructions on the back of the Castile bottle to mix the most gentle foaming soap. Psssst, we’ll let you in on a secret, its easy- you want 1 part castile soap concentrate to three parts water and you’re done 🙂
Disposal of packaging
- The idea with this pack is that you’re investing in containers you can use is to use over and over again. You can send your aluminium castile concentrate bottle and you essential oil blend bottle bag to us for refill. You’ll receive $1 off the retail price of each when you do this 🙂 Get in touch with [email protected] to find out how to do this.
- For tips about disposing of our courier bag check out our postage and packaging page here.