- 100% natural cleaner that grows wild in the Himalayas and has been used for centuries in India, China and Nepal.
- Cheaper than chemical alternatives
- Contains 100gms of soap nuts and a tea bag sized wash bag for use in washing machine.
- Pure and natural
- Non allergenic (not a nut, really a berry)
- Antibacterial, antimicrobial, antifungal
- Wild harvested (organic)
- Beneficial to grey-water and septic systems
- Not tested on animals
- Easy to use and most importantly, effective
Uses and Recipes
- Laundry Detergent– Place 4-7 half shells (or equivalent in pieces) in the washbag (or old sock knotted at top) and place in washing machine. Wash as normal. Soapnut shells can be reused 3-4 times depending on temperature washed at (hotter washes have less rewashes). Then just put them in your compost.
- Multi-Purpose Cleaner- Put a handful of soapnut shells to 500 mls hot water and boil for 10-15 minutes. Allow to cool, strain and add liquid to empty spray bottle. This can be used to clean the house from top to bottom – including windows. You can add few drops of eucalyptus oil (optional). Dispose of shells in compost.
- In the garden-Mix up a Mild solution of Soap Nuts/water (3-4 Soap Nut shells with 1 litre hot water.) Spraying the mild solution on garden plants can help keep some parasites away.
- Delicates Hand-washing solution- Place 6-8 half shells in 500ml boiling water. Allow to simmer for 8-10 minutes and add essential oils if desired. Add to sink/bucket and use to soak and hand wash delicates.
Disposal Of Packaging
- MiEco Soap Nuts come wrapped in greaseproof paper which can be composed. The handy cotton bag could be use for any number of things once the soap nuts are finished
- For tips about recycling our courier bags check out our postage and packaging page here.
Disposal of Product
- Once used soap nuts can simply be added to your compost.