Borax (sodium borate) is used as an antiseptic, is anti-fungal and is in our Lemon Dish Wash Powder and Green Goddess Hemp & Rose Foaming Soap. You can use Borax to make your own dishwashing products or try these other recipes:
• Remove mildew and mustiness from linens by soaking in 2 cups with water and let sit for 3-4 hours
• Mix 50:50 with honey to eradicate ants – this works really well
• To remove sticky gooey gummy adhesive mix 2:1 ratio borax and water and rub on
• For good cell wall growth and for fruit and seed development in your apple tree add boron, a trace mineral, to the soil. Sprinkle a cup around full-sized apple tree (or a couple of tablespoons around a young tree) every 3–4 years.
• Sprinkle on a damp sponge or soft cloth and use as you would a powdered cleanser. This can even be used on fibreglass surfaces without scratching, such as showers, tiles and baths.
• Remove stains from stainless steel or porcelain sinks with a paste of 1 cup borax and lemon juice. Using a sponge or cloth, rub the stain with the paste. Rinse with warm water.
• Mix 1 tsp Green Goddess Hemp & Eucalyptus Organic Dish Wash, 1 tsp borax and 1 litre warm water in a spray bottle and use to clean outdoor furniture.
• Mix 1 tsp to ½ cup water and soak toes/feet to get rid of fungal infections
Do not ingest or inhale. Irritant to eyes and skin. Keep out of reach of children.