- The purifying agent of Biork™ Mineral Deo is the potassium crystal alum.
- Biork Crystal Deodorant is a completely plastic free, zero waste natural crystal deodorant stick. It is unscented and hypoallergenic, this truly eco deodorant is housed in a 100% recyclable and compostable cork container.
- Free from aluminum chlorohydrate, alcohol, perfumes, parabens, preservatives and dyes.
- This 120g crystal will last for 12+ months.
- When an antiperspirant claims to be “aluminum-free,” they are saying it does not contain aluminum chlorohydrate, aluminum chloride, aluminum hydroxybromide or aluminum zirconium—all forms of aluminum commonly used in antiperspirants and deodorants. To stop the flow of sweat to your skin’s surface, the aluminum plugs sweat ducts in the top layer of your skin stopping the natural flow of sweat to your skin’s surface. This aluminum can also be absorbed into your body where it can then build up.
- The aluminum in crystal deodorant stones is a different type of aluminum, called alum. The most common form is potassium alum, also known as potassium aluminum sulfate. Potassium alum (and other alums) is a natural mineral salt made up of molecules that are too large to be absorbed by your skin. They form a protective layer on your skin that inhibits the growth of odour-causing bacteria.
Environmental benefit of product
- Potassium Alum is naturally occurring mineral.
- Cork is a no waste material that is obtained from the bark of cork oaks. An oak must be at least 20 years old to be peeled for the first time. The cork harvesting is done very carefully by hand. The bark then grows back on the tree within nine to eleven years. A used tree can live for 200 years, during which time it delivers up to 200 kilograms of cork
- Cork oaks contribute in a highly valuable manner to mitigating climate change. They store up to 30 percent more CO2 than other trees. With an area of around 2.3 million hectares, the Mediterranean cork oak forests absorb around 13 million tonnes of CO2 per year. A cork oak whose bark is harvested regularly binds more than three times as much CO2 as an unused tree.
- Label is made of recycled paper.
- Moisten the top of the crystal and apply it gently to underarms. Pat the crystal dry and place the lid back on.
Disposal of packaging
- The paper label and the cork casing can be composted.
- For tips about disposing of our courier bag check out our postage and packaging page here.