- This event has passed.
July 11, 2020 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Alrighty so pre lockdown we were gearing up for a clothes swap and we’ve decided to reboot it as part of our #plasticfreejuly events calendar (watch this space for more exciting events to get involved with).
This time it’ll be even better, complete with special guests and informative videos 😀
So lovely people lets divert clothing from landfill, raise money for Pūkaha National Wildlife Centre and leave with an awesome new wardrobe that’s new to you.
It’s win win win win really.
T’s and C’s
1) Registration is $15 and all proceeds will be donated to Pūkaha.
2) Please bring 5 clean- freshly laundered garments to Be Free Grocer Prior to the 10th of July and pay registration fee when you drop garments off.
3) All sizes are welcome
4) No undergarments or hosiery
5) All garments must be of a high standard and must not be in need of repair (save those ones for a repair cafe type event 🙂 )
6) shoes are welcome (clean them as best you can first please)
7) at the event you will be able to choose up to 5 new items of clothing- no more, if 5 new pieces don’t take your fancy then your registration fee will simply be a donation and some beautiful wildlife will still benefit so its still a win! 🙂
8) any left over clothing will be donated to op shops or to a local sewing group to be up-cycled.
Please note: Those who registered before lockdown your contribution has been donated to the NZ whale and dolphin trust. However, we wanted to share the love so anyone who registers from today onwards your contribution will go to Pūkaha.